Business Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8:00am-6:30pm. Tuesday and Thursday 8:30am-5:30pm.
Thank you for visiting us online, please contact us to schedule an appointment.
I have been extremely satisfied with the treatment that I have received during my visits to Smart Chiropractors. The surgery provides a full service and recovery process. I would definately recommend my friends and family.
I love the office. Dr. Smart is always very professional & knowledgable in her chosen field. She’s energetic and always in a very cheerful mood; she seems genuinely happy to see each of her patients. The staff is also professional, helpful and always in a good mood.
Very savvy practitioner! Good at explaining everything;problems suggested treatment etc.
Fantastic. I feel like I have found someone that can cure my injury. I would recommend looking into getting a patient’s history. I filled out a form online, another in the office on paper, and then answered questions to the attendant.
Never been to a chiropractor but I’m glad I found her. Her offc was a distance from my one but well worth the trip. Very knowledgeable and kind.
As a Chiropractor and as a Family Nurse Practitioner, Dr. Smart will perform an examination and evaluation to establish what the treatment plan and the course of care will be for each patient. At the clinic we offer several services to meet the needs of our patients.
After the initial examination, treatment, x–rays, and medications, may follow depending on each situation.
Upon entering the office, we will have some brief paperwork for you to fill out. The paperwork provides us with general information about yourself and your condition. You can also download the forms on-line and fill them out to save some time.
History and Examination
In order to determine what your actual problem is, the doctor will ask you various questions related to your condition. Next, a number of specialized tests will be performed to determine which tissues are affected and to what extent.
Your specific condition may require us to take x-rays to either rule out more serious conditions or assist us in developing the most effective treatment plan for you.
Same Day Treatment
Once finished with the examination and all appropriate studies, patients will generally be provided with their first treatment during this same visit. This may include spinal adjustments, physical therapies, and/or soft tissue therapies.
Prior to leaving, patients will be given instructions on certain activities or procedures to be conducted at home. This may include ice or heat application instructions, avoidance of certain activities or positions, as well as home exercises and/or stretches.
Schedule Your Next Appointment
You will be scheduled for your follow-up visit. Generally speaking, patients are seen within 1-2 days and are provided with a complete review of findings. Treatment options for your condition will also be discussed during this time.
Please schedule about 1hour and 30 minutes for your first visit.
Dr. Smart has over 15 years’ experience.
Yes!! Dr. Smart will take x-rays if there are Necessary. Also during the exam she will assess, Range of Motion perform muscle testing and other assessments to establish if x-rays are medically necessary.
Yes, our clinic is a “hands on clinic”. We incorporate a variety of techniques to help reduce swelling promote quicker healing and restore normal pain free function of a joint.
Yes, Dr. Smart works with a variety of medical specialist including neurologists, orthopedic, cardiologist, internal medicine and more.
– Heat and cold: Chiropractors may alternate between heat and ice therapy to help patients treat back pain. Ice packs may be used to numb the back for a 10 to 15 minute period and then switched with a heating pad, heat wrap or hot water bottle to restore blood flow to the area and promote faster healing.
– Electrical muscle stimulation: During this chiropractic therapy, electrodes are placed on the skin that send light electrical pulses to different areas of the body with the purpose of reducing inflammation, curtailing muscle spasms and relieving back pain.
– Massage: Chiropractors may massage the soft tissues to improve circulation, reduce swelling and inflammation associated with the back pain, and encourage quicker healing. See Massage Therapy for Lower Back Pain.
– Ultrasound: With ultrasound, sound waves create deep heat therapy that is applied to the soft tissues and joints. Basically micro-massaging the soft tissues and joints, ultrasound therapy can not only help reduce back pain, stiffness, and spasms, but increase blood flow and accelerate the healing process.
– Traction: A chiropractic traction massage may include the patient lying face up as a system of rollers move about the back, all the while stretching and massaging the muscles in the back. Chiropractors may use other traction devices that stretch the spine, decompress the discs and reduce the pressure on the nerve roots (a procedure known as non-surgical spinal decompression).
– Hot laser therapy: With hot laser therapy, particles of energy are carried in a laser and absorbed by the cell membrane’s photo receptors after penetrating the skin surface. The cells and tissues then convert this light energy into biochemical energy, fueling a biological process that is believed to decrease swelling, reduce back pain and inflammation, and improve circulation.
– Exercise: Chiropractors may provide patients with instructions for an exercise program focusing on stretching and strengthening the back. For more information, see Exercise and Chiropractic Therapy.
Yes! Pregnancy is a unique time in a woman’s life filled with new experiences, heightened excitement, mixing emotions, and significant physical changes. It’s also a time filled with many unanswered questions.
Our goal is to assist the mother-to-be in her quest for a smooth uncomplicated pregnancy and a healthy baby. Parents of small children also have much to gain. We can offer advice regarding how to pick up and carry a child and, for post-partum mothers, an assessment of any structural changes that may have occurred during pregnancy, labor, and/or delivery
Teenagers’ bodies are also growing at a rapid rate. This, combined with the fact that teenagers often think they are invincible, sets them up for a wide range of physical problems. Imagine your teenager hearing from someone other than you the benefits of proper diet, exercise, posture, and other good lifestyle habits! With regular visits to your doctor of chiropractic, your “big one” will have a body that is structurally and functionally sound, and head start on a life of good health.
We work with most private insurance plans. If you have a chiropractic Insurance benefit, we should be able to work with it. When you set your appointment, let the staff member know about your insurance and ask if they can verify it for you. This will allow us to be prepared with a detail about how your insurance works.
Welcome to our office! We have many patients without insurance. We understand the need for affordable care. We have various plans that make care affordable for all type of patients.